India observes February 28 as the National Science Day to commemorate Raman Effect of the Nobel Laureate Sir C.V. Raman. This year, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is organizing an Open Day on February 26, 2010 to celebrate the National Science Day. This event is open to everyone. It is a great opportunity for professors, lecturers, teachers and students of various academic institutions including schools and colleges around Bangalore and the general public to participate in this event.|
IISc is showcasing the cutting edge research being conducted in various laboratories. The visitors have access to various research laboratories in over 40 departments to get a feel of the world-class research in IISc. Each department has arranged various programmes for the visitors to highlight its work.
Department of Computer Science and Automation is showcasing its work as follows.
- Posters outside every laboratory describing the work done in the laboratory and achievements.
- Project and tool demonstrations, audio-visual presentations in every laboratory.
- Technical lectures by eminent personalities in the field of Computer Science.
- An audio-visual presentation of departmental history, people and research work.
- A stall on open source software.
- Stall by ACM Bangalore Chapter.
- A programming contest, a puzzle solving competition and a technical quiz for the enthusiastic visitors.
- Information brochures and posters detailing research work and degree courses in the department.