The Computer Systems group in the department carries out research across virtually the entire spectrum of areas in this field including compilers, computer architecture, computer networks, databases, distributed computing, embedded systems, energy-aware computing, graphics and visualization, mobile and wireless systems, operating systems, real-time operating systems, storage area networks, systems security and performance modeling.
- Arkaprava Basu
- Deepak D’Souza
- Vinod Ganapathy
- K. Gopinath
- R. Govindarajan
- R.C. Hansdah
- Jayant Haritsa
- Aditya Kanade
- Vijay Natarajan
- K. V. Raghavan
- Y.N. Srikant
- Matthew Jacob T.
- Uday Kumar Reddy .
Research Projects We list here some of the ongoing projects in the various research laboratories. For further information, please look at the laboratory web pages or the posters.
- Database engine design, query optimization [Jayant Haritsa | Database Systems Lab]
- Reliable multicasting in wireless networks [R.C. Hansdah | Distributed Computing Lab]
- Heterogeneous accelerator-based architectures [Govindarajan | High Performance Computing Lab]
- Topological methods for visualization [Vijay Natarajan | Visualization and Graphics Lab]
- Software model checking, debugging, verification [Aditya Kanade | Software Engineering and Analysis Lab]
- Design of SSD aware systems in storage system design [K. Gopinath | Computer Architecture and Systems Lab]
- Testing of transaction based systems [K. V. Raghavan | Programming Languages Lab]
- Worst case execution time (WCET) analysis [Srikant | Compiler Lab]
- Compilation for heterogeneous multicores [Uday | Multicore Computing Lab]
- Microarchitecture performance evaluation [Matthew Jacob T | Computer Architecture Lab]
- Automated software bug detection and correction [Murali Krishna Ramanathan | Scalable Software Systems Lab]