Students of the department have 24-hour access to the following facilities located within the department.
- CLSERV :
- A 16-core multicore server with a GPU accelerator and with large amounts of main memory and fast storage
- FIST CLUSTER :
- A 36-node InfiniBand cluster, each node is a 16-core dual socket server
- GPU SERVER :
- Two High-End GPU based servers with Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6142 CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16 CPU Core, 64 processors, 192GB DDR4 ECC RAM and 2 TB SATA with NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X GPU cards.
- MCASTLE :
- Two high-end multicore servers with multiple GPUs, high end SSD storage, 10 GigE cards
- REQUESTING ACCOUNTS :
- Those who have an account on clmail do not need to get a new
account on clserv – the same clmail credentials will work on clserv. For
those who don’t have such an account, or for access to fist-cluster and
mcastle, please send an email to the appropriate address as listed
below from your *CSA email account*-
- clserv – firstname.lastname@example.org
- fist cluster – email@example.com
- gpu server – Akshaynath
- mcastle – firstname.lastname@example.org
- While requesting an account on fist cluster or mcastle, please always CC your advisor and mention a couple of lines on what programming model/software/library you plan to use.
- While requesting an account on gpu server, please always CC your advisor and Arkaprava Basu with the subject “Applying to GPU account” and include the validity of the account to be active.
- Those who have an account on clmail do not need to get a new account on clserv – the same clmail credentials will work on clserv. For those who don’t have such an account, or for access to fist-cluster and mcastle, please send an email to the appropriate address as listed below from your *CSA email account*-
- COMPUTING LABS :
- CSA 115 – 6 high-end Intel Haswell workstations with 8 core/ 32GB memory/ 256GB SSD/ 2TB HDD with NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- Common mail & web servers.
- Contact System Admins: email@example.com
Other Computing Facilities on Campus
Students and faculty of the institute also have access to a wide range of computing facilities (including most softwares) available in the Supercomputer Education & Research Center (SERC) of the institute. This includes the recently acquired SAHASRAT Supercomputer and the older one IBM Blue Gene Supercomputer.