Narendra Summer Internship 2022
Supported by Microsoft Research India.
- The summer internship is open to bright and motivated Bachelor’s (B.E./B.Tech/B.Stat/B.Math/B.Sc) as well as Master’s (M.E./M.Tech/M.Stat/M.Sc) level students in India, studying Computer Science and allied areas.
- Each intern will be assigned a faculty member of CSA to mentor them during the internship. The expected internship period is from 1st June 2022 to 31st July 2022. However, the exact dates can be flexible and may be decided in consultation with the respective internship mentors.
- This internship can either be in-person, virtual, or hybrid. However, the interns will be provided only a consolidated amount of Rs. 10,000 per month as a stipend, i.e., accommodation and travel would have to be arranged by the candidates themselves. The department will not be providing accommodation or travel support.
- It is preferable that the interns use their own laptops for their project; networking and internet resources will be provided by the department.
The last date for applying is May 10th, 2022. Results will be announced by May 17th, 2022. Students should apply for this internship program by clicking here.
A recommendation letter for the applicant from a faculty member in the student’s department is mandatory. Students will have to submit the official email id of the faculty member, and we will send requests directly to the faculty member for shortlisted candidates. All information (e.g., GPA/percentages) entered in your application is subject to verification, and internship offers will be made to shortlisted candidates only after such verification.
The applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members at CSA, and the selected candidates will be informed of their selection by May 20, 2022, and the list will also be posted on this page. The decision of the selection committee will be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
More project areas have been added to the internship program. Students who have already submitted can take a look and choose to edit their application form.
Selected candidates have been informed via email.
- Recommendation Letter: No recommendation letter is needed at the time of application, instead you only need to provide the email id of a referee. The referee can be anybody who can vouch for you and your work. The selection committee will contact the referee only if some additional clarifications are needed.
- Eligibility for Internships: All students are welcome to apply. However, the research interests of CSA faculty members are more likely to align with students from Computer Science and allied areas. The internship requires students to be currently enrolled in a degree program. Unfortunately, graduated students cannot apply.
- Virtual/Hybrid/In-person internships: The nature of the internships will be decided mutually by the faculty member and the student intern. In all cases, you will be paid your stipend.
- Duration of Internship: The Narendra summer internship program will begin on June 1st and end on July 31st, 2022. Unfortunately, the dates of this program are NOT flexible.
For additional queries, please email narendrainternship [dot] csa [at] iisc [dot] ac [dot] in.
NOTE: This email address will be the sole channel of official communication. Emails about the Narendra Summer Internship to other email addresses will be ignored.