Prospective Students Resources – ERP
External Registration Programme (ERP) in PhD
1. M.E. / M.Tech. / B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or related disciplines.
2. M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
3. B.Sc. or equivalent degree followed by AMIE in any engineering disciplines or Grad. IETE with a formal background in Data Structures and Programming.
4. B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science or Electronics followed by MCA.
- Selection procedure: Shortlisted candidates are called for an interview held at IISc, Bangalore during the month of June of every year.
- Research interviews
The interview is intended to be a test of your aptitude and suitability for research in the area chosen by you and thoroughness of background in related basic subjects. The emphasis will be on testing the depth of your understanding of fundamental concepts. The interview will consist of two parts: a written test conducted on the day of the interview, followed by an oral interview. The oral interview will commence with a 5 minute presentation by you on the proposed research area and problem, which you would have already discussed with faculty member(s) here with whom you are planning to do your research work. Following this, you will be examined in the basic subjects related to the research area chosen by you, possibly followed by questions in the research area itself. Note: Selected students can have as supervisor(s) only the faculty member(s) with whom they have discussed their candidature prior to the interview. Please see this note for additional information.